Saturday, September 19, 2020

01: The Beginning is Sudden

When I woke up in the morning, I was an elf.

 I don't know what it is, and I also don't know what's going on.

 I drank a lot at the welcome party last night. That's okay. Since I was a new employee, the branch manager gave me a drink. There was also a chief who tried to sexually harrase me, but since senpai was with me, I was somehow able to work it out.
Then karaoke. I'm the type who wants to scream when I drink alcohol, so I sang with a loud voice. I felt like I was being pulled a little, but that's okey. ...... No, it's not good. Let's apologize to senpai.

 Not that!

Yeah, then I surely logged in to the net game's bonus event and fell asleep. Yeah, I'm not wrong.

I was surprised that my morning awakening felt so refreshing, but the moment I looked in the mirror while rubbing my sleepy eyes, I realized. The face is my face. After all, it's been 20 years since I've been seeing it, so there's no doubt about it.

However, my ears stretched long sideways. The so-called elf ears.

The first thing I did when my drowsiness disappeared... Was to call the company boss.

"Oh, the branch manager. Good morning. I became something like an elf, so I'd like to take a break..."

Even I don't know what I'm talking about.

"Huh? What are you talking about? Elf? What's that? Are you still sleeping? Get to work early!"

Well, it is our mission as the cogwheel of society to go to the company no matter what. I decided to get ready quickly and head to the company. I didn't have time to eat breakfast!

I was fortunate that the branch office was within walking distance.

"Good morning"

I open the thick door and enter the store.

"Oh, Shimotsuki-san, good morning... Uh?"

The person who called out to me was Ota-kun, who joined the company at the same time as me who always came first to clean up. He ended the greeting strangely, so when I looked back at him, he was frozen to the spot with a broom and dustpan.

"Yeah, Ota-kun, good morning."

Perhaps my words had unfrozen him, Ota-kun dropped the cleaning tool and ran up to me.

"Dodododododo..."
"Calm down."
"What's wrong with that ear!? As expected, it's not good to cosplay at the company!"

Ah, I also think so. I said so, while moving my ears.

"You know, I had grown this when I woke up in the morning."
"Huh?"

Well, no wonder. If I were in the opposite position, I would also say, "What is this guy talking about?"

"Good morning, both of us. As fast as ever."

The deputy branch manager has come. Our deputy branch manager comes early in the morning. ...... Is there no place for him at his home? He is a calm person who has an aura of retirement age. After retirement, he looks like a person who will hold a cat while drinking tea on the porch. Mostly, he is a virtuous person who calms the branch manager.

"Oh, Shimotsuki-san, I feel like there's something different about you today."

Well, that's about it?

"Oh, actually ... my ears ... stretched out when I woke up in the morning."

I will explain it in a clear and understandble manner.

"Is it the Mumps? Are you in good physical condition?"

No, I don't have the Mumps! But I have to answer properly because he's my boss.

"Oh, yes, I don't think I have a fever, or sneezing or coughing."

"If so, I think then it's okay."

"... Is it okay?"

Not good, when I talk to this person, I'm slowly dragged into his pace! ...... Is it a different space time point?

"It's enough for the branch, if you can still work. Now, let's start preparing."

While doing so, everyone at the branch came to work. Teller's senior was the first to comment, "What's that?" The chief will not be happy! I was going to complain, but when I said that it was real and that I was in trouble, He just said, "Does it matter to me!" and went back to his seat. Others... are working busily without commenting about it. The morning at a small financial institution in the countryside sure is busy.

The branch manager's car arrived, so everyone went to welcome him. At One Two Three.

"Good morning!"
"Oh, good morning... Hmm? Shimotsuki-san, could you spare me a little time."

I was called out by the branch manager. Just what is going to happen...
ToC    Next

2 comments: