Sunday, September 20, 2020

02: Magic, Spirits, They Do Exist

"Are you playing around?"

Such words popped out from the most senior person in this branch. The place is in front of the branch manager's desk. It's not hidden from the eyes around me.

"No, so when I woke up in the morning, it looked like this..."
"Don't make excuses. You're a member of society. Don't you think it looks strange?"

They seem to think I am joking. I wish I could prove something. ...... I don't want to be touched.

As I was thinking, I saw something waving at the edge of my field of vision. I wonder what it is? It's glittering.

"Oh, you can see me."

Glittering and emerald green, it talked to me. A potted plant of foliage plants placed next to the branch manager. There was a little girl on board.

"What?"
"Where are you facing? When I'm speaking to you, you should look at me properly..."

The branch manager is still saying something, but that's not what's on my mind. It was a slight culture shock and an encounter with the unknown. It's not Devils Tower, but here.

"Well, what are you?"

"I'm a dryad. Isn't it obvious."

While saying so she laughs happily.

"Even so, there are still elves left. I saw it for the first time in a while."

...... Did you say an elf now?

"Is that about me?"
"Yeah. You. There used to be more, but they're gone."

Elves... they used to exist... I wonder if I'm a descendant. Is it Atavism?

"What have you been muttering about from a while ago!"

Oh, I forgot the branch manager. Hmm? by the way……

"Can the branch manager not see this child?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Ahaha, Impossible, Impossible~. A normal human being cannot see us. You're special."

Then, when I was being given a lecture by the branch manager a while ago, did I make noise while talking to myself? Wow, that's really bad. I have to do something about it.

"It's about time, so I'll dispose of you after work."

Oh, it's about 9 o'clock. I have to open the branch. The branch manager stopped when I tried to press the shutter switch.

"You should organize the slips behind the scenes. You can't show yourself in that outfit in front of the customers."

Well, that's right. No matter how you look at it, you can only think that I am playing around with cosplay. I obeyed quietly. What is this?  The Dryad is also coming with me.

"I want to chat with people other than my family for the first time in a while."

Then I go to the conference room and take the cardboard boxes filled with forms. Even at our bank, where the wave of going online is coming, we are taking steps to enter old forms into the database. It's just a job of typing on a computer.

"Something it looks like a boring job."

Dryad said to me, who had been rattling for an hour.

"It can't be helped, because this is also a job."
"Ok, I'll help you."

Dryad waved lightly after saying so. A heavy cardboard box floated softly towards me. No, it really helps, but.

"What is this?"
"What do you mean by what is this, isn't it magic?"
"Well... how? Can you use magic?"
"Hey, you're an elf, so you can also use it, right?"

Are~? I can use magic?
Previous    ToC    Next

No comments:

Post a Comment