Monday, September 21, 2020

03: I Started Using Magic

"Of course, you're an elf. Unlike humans, you have a magic circuit."

Dryad said plainly. Magic circuit?

"Human beings in this world don't have a magical power circuit. Albeit mana being abundant here, the humans don't have the power to use magic. Therefore, ordinary human beings can't feel magical power, and they cannot see the existences like me who is composed of magical power. No. Well, there are people who can do it, but that is a story of a past, when there was an old person with a magic circuit. "

But I can see the dryad and have a conversation. Does that mean I have a magic circuit!

"So how can I use it?"

"Magic is an image. I want you to imagine that in your mind. Of course, not everything is fine, you'll need the power of spirits."

If you want to burn something, do I ask the spirit of fire? Well I am convinced.

"Why don't you try it? For example... Drinking water."

Does it mean that there is no learning that is better than practice? Alright, let's do it.

First of all, water. Well, I think one glass of water is enough. I'm not so thirsty. Oh yeah, a cup. Glass? How is it made? I think I saw a woman who was blow popping something. Do it with Puku and Palin... it'll break! Then let's make a bowl. If it's a pottery bowl, I can use soil... Oh, it should be heated. If I don't heat it at a high temperature, it will be thick and dark like Jomon pottery (Ancient Japanese Pottery). If I overcook it, I won't be able to make it well, so let's make a breeze and let it cool down. Just like the image and... it's done!

"Eh? Didn't you use all four spirits right now!?"

It seemed that Dryad couldn't hide her surprise in the water that was put out there.

"No, I imagined it exactly as I was told, but it didn't go well. After thinking about it, this happened."
"No, it's quite a performance that you can use all four spirits... As expected of an elf. I wonder if you are an high elf, not like I know about them."

Apparently, my specs are abnormal. But magic sure is convenient. With this, I won't have to worry about water wherever I go... I mean, if you live in the modern Japan, you don't have to worry about water. Oh, wait, this means that I can...

"Hey, then what if I want to completely finish all of this work?"
"Hmm, the spirit of the electric box seems to be there... maybe because it's a new child, it may not be used to handling with magic."
"... In other words, I have to do the work steadily?"

I was disappointed with the ruthless words. Apparently it can't be used very much for work purpose. Most of my work is relied on the computer system.

"Oh, If it's a Gremlin, I have them."

Even I can understand that. That's the not good spirit.

"That's ok."

I returned to back to the work of data entry once again. When I'm focused on it, it's already lunch break in a blink of an eye .

"I'm going to eat lunch, but what do you do?"
"Give me that water. It looks delicious with a lot of magical power."

I see, it is a plant.

"Okay, then drink it. If you still need more, I can make more."
"This much is enough, thank you."

Leaving the dryad, I go outside... Indeed my ears still stand out. I wear a hood and enter a local set meal shop.

"Welcome. Oh, if isn't Hitomi-chan. What's wrong?"

The aunt at the shop counter calls out to me because I always come here for luch.

"No, there are various things going on..."

I use ambiguous words. Or rather, I can't explain it well. The simple explanation is that "I became an elf when I woke up in the morning", and any further explanation than that is going to be difficult. I don't think you can tell what I'm saying by talking about what happened as it happened.

"Hmm. Well, the bank seems to be having a tough time. Recently, there has been a lot of trouble here and there..."

"Did something happen?"

Today's daily set meal was boiled mackerel miso soup. Delicious.

"No, it seems that a stowaway was on board a cargo ship."
"Hey..."

Since this city is also a port city, many fishing boats come and go. There are those who hide in those boats and try to come to this city.

"Thank you for the feast. Then I'll be heading back to work!"

The strong seasoning was delicious. Satisfied, I triumphantly returned to the branch. Well, what I do is the same as in the morning.
Previous    ToC    Next

No comments:

Post a Comment