Thursday, September 24, 2020

06: And I'm At a Loss

I got an order from the branch manager, so I decided to go home quietly.
I asked Dryad, "What are you going to do?", But I decided to leave it because "I can't leave the main body for too long". It's unfortunate, I was thinking she could teach me various things.

"Excuse me first."

It's before 15:00, so I haven't closed the shutter yet. So the greeting of leaving early is also quiet. No, there are no customers. Even so, I feel guilty about going home alone even though everyone is working, so I naturally become quiet.

It's still past 14:00 when I go out. The sun was strong as it was. For the time being, I'd like to know about practicing magic. There is something to talk to when I think about it.

"Yo, Nee-chan, give me the promised magical power."

It was the spirit of fire. Oh yeah, I promised.

"OK, but..."

As expected, the city is bad. If I give it and make it ignite, it will become a big fuss.

"Then follow me a little. I'll give it to you in the park over there."

 Pass through a shopping street that has become a shutter street in the middle.
Fifty years ago, this area was the most downtown area, and the arcade area extending from the station was full of people.
Now, its appearance has been featured on national television as a dark and eerie shutter street even in the daytime with no shadow to see.
Thanks to that, it's convenient for not meeting people. Many shops are closed until the evening because no one goes through the shutter street on weekday afternoons.
Personally, I think that the more such streets are there, the faster the depopulation will be...

"Yes, arrived."

I arrived at the park. Originally created as a playground for customers who came to the shopping district and children in the neighborhood, it is quite large. There are four across the street. As usual, there are no people.

"Well, isn't it a place that seems to be easy to burn?"

No, it's true that the wisteria trellis haven't taken care of, so that which has become empty is still wrapped around in ivy, but it's not good to burn it!

"Then I'll give it to you at the table there."

Under the wisteria shelf was a large table for lunch breaks. Somehow, stones are used to sculpt chairs. Thanks to that, I don't have to worry about being burned.

"Then I'll put it out."

Well, gunpowder, gunpowder... It's different because it's "additive" when you write it in kanji, but it's a match that's easy to imagine. I don't smoke, but I know it because I use it at Buddhist altars and graves. Alright, it's a match. Since the tree part is a plant, is it a dryad?

"Thin wood? I understood the size..."

Dryad said this inside my mind. The voice is a little different, so it's probably another child. The rest is the ignition part. Phosphorus is surely excavated... Then is it the spirit of the earth?

"Oh!"

My hands were shining and a heap of matches appeared.

"Hmm, somehow I have managed to succeed."

I'm relieved. Although, I felt like I could do it. And If I couldn't I wouldn't be able to fulfill my promised.

"Yahoo."

The spirit of fire did not hesitate to jump in. The flames danced on the stone table. Yeah, it didn't fly up to the top. It was burning with a crackling noise. Yeah, it's just an arsonist when viewed from the side, this...

"Okay. I'm satisfied. Thank you!"

It disappeared with a big smile as if it was satisfied with burning for a while.

Well, personally, the real thing is about to begin only now. First of all, I want to make sure that it does not interfere with my daily life. To do that, I have to hide my ears. I don't know how to hide it with hallucinations or change its shape like a normal human being. I wonder what I should do……
Previous    ToC    Next

No comments:

Post a Comment