Saturday, September 26, 2020

07: Fire Spirit's Mirage

When I was groaning about that and I heard a voice from somewhere.

"Are you the one who gave my children magical power?"

Where, where? While I'm wandering around looking for the owner of the voice there was a big red macho person above me. There it is.

"Uwah!"

I screamed unintentionally. If something like this comes out in front of me, I'll definitely be scared.

"You seem to be surprised. I'm Ifrit. I'm the top spirit of fire."

Ifrit. Oh, I've heard of it. From what kind of game was it?

"I was delighted that my children received high-quality magical power. I wanted to see what kind of person they were."
"Oh, is that so. Nice to meet you, my name is Hitomi Shimotsuki. I'm wondering if I'm a high elf, but I'm not sure."
"Hmm... I'm sure you are a high elf. You are able to communicate with me, after all. "

Ifrit said, stroking his plentiful beard (doesn't it get burnt?).

"Can't elves talk normally with you?"
"Humu, if you try to talk to us superior spirits forcibly, you can't keep up with your spirit and will collapse."

Oi!

"Don't worry. You can communicate with us because you are okay."
"Oh, is that so?"

No, no, I'm glad I didn't go crazy, but if I was not good at it, my life would be over, right?

"It seems that you are troubled by something?"

It was washed away smoothly! But I'm sure I'm in trouble.

"I want to make these ears look like normal humans, because they stand out as they are."
"Then cognitive inhibition would be good."
"Cognitive inhibition?"
"It's a way to distort the surroundings of your space and show illusions."

Oh, it's like a mirage. That's right, because he's a spirit of fire, he seems to be good at that kind of method.

"If you don't mind, could you please tell me how to do it?"
"Hmm, that's right, let me teach you to repay the favour you had given my child."

Alright, I think I can walk around the city. If I can't walk, I can't cook rice.

"Thank you."
"Then... hey, do you guys have anybody who can follow this Ojou-san?"

Ifrit called out to the spirits of fire. Then the child who first spoke to me reacted.

"I'll do it. I got an Ume-mon after all."
"Then the shape of the ear is... this is it."

I show my driver's license. I don't really like the photo, but it can't be helped because it was taken at the license center. Well, it's enough to know the shape of the ears.

"Hmm? Okay, that's okay. Let's do it."

I felt that the temperature of the surrounding air had risen for a moment.

"It's over."
"Eh?"

I feel like that was over too soon. I take out the hand mirror and look at my face. No, it hasn't changed!

"It hasn't changed at all!"
"I made it look like this picture to ordinary humans. You would know if you weren't a human who could see through the spirits."

I see. In other words, I'm an elf and I can see the spirits, so it's just not working, and I don't have to be afraid of my ears attracting the attention of the ordinary people. I'm grateful for that.

"Oh, that's right. I didn't realize it, but thank you."

I go shopping and go home. There are other things I would like to try, but I'll ask someone who is familiar with them even on holidays.
Translator's Note: Sorry for the late chapter. To make up for it, I have posted two chapters. Hope you all enjoy the translations.
Previous    ToC    Next

No comments:

Post a Comment